Tuesday, May 24, 2016

WOYWW

It"s desk hopping day, better known as  - WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday - Our host Julia is off right now, but the wonderful Jan is taking over for now.  here's Jan's blog - Lunch Lady Jan.
My son came home with one of his third grade art projects.  He made a bookmark.  He explained how he made it using shaving cream and paint.  And I thought hey - what a great idea.  So I decided to play with shaving cream & alcohol inks.  Here's the steps I took and the results.

First here's what you need - a paper plate, alcohol inks, shaving cream, and of course paper!



Put shaving cream on your paper plate and then smooth it out - like icing a cake. 

 


Next randomly drop your alcohol ink around on top of the shaving cream.


Take a stick or whatever you have handy - I had my bone folder - and swirl through the drops lightly swirling the colors.  Do as little or as much as you want.




When satisfied, drop you paper on top and lightly pat down.



Pull the paper off.



Lastly scrap off the shaving cream.



Voila - marble looking background.  

 


Just let it sit and dry.


I had so much fun, I made them over and over.  I used the same pile of shaving cream a couple of times.  Sometimes adding a little more color, and sometimes, just swirling a little more.




Give it a try and have some fun!

Have a great day!

Diane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment