Monday, February 1, 2016

AI Paper Piecing

 AI - Paper Piecing Party! Challenge 176
 
 
I stepped through the tutorial that Diane on the AI design team posted, and I thought I would give it a try.  Paper piecing involves a lot more cutting and a lot less coloring. 
 
I just love all the Art Impressions Girlfriends stamps.  I have almost all of them!!  For this card, I used Art Impressions Stamp Uptown Girls Set.  Then I just used the simple sentiment of "Friends" from the Live Laugh Love set.
 
For each of the girls outfits I used paper from my stash.  I colored their skin & hair with Copic Markers.  I colored the girl's jewelry, glass frames, and shoes with Wink of Stella coloring pens to add little more glitz to match their glitzy outfits. 
 
I had a pink feather that I received in a grab bag, and I had saved it "just in case".  I decided to cut a few pieces of the feather to add some textured to the first girl's boa.  Also for the big flower on her dress, what better to use then a flower embellishment from my stash.
 
I had a lot of fun picking out the papers I wanted to make their outfits.  It was like playing paper dolls!
 
Thanks for stopping by!   Any comments and advice are always greatly appreciated!!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
Diane
 
ADDITIONAL NOTE: I was honored to receive the Top Spot in the AI Paper Piecing Challenge with this card. I'm so excited I just can't stop smiling. Thank you Art Impressions!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment